At Tech Conference 2018 in Vienna I had three great presentations – covering Docker, .NET Core, and XAML.
I hope you enjoyed it! Slides and samples are available here!
What is Docker – or: Docker for Developers
Docker is the new way for server side app deployments. You can create images containing all the software needed for your app – running Linux or Windows. In this presentation I’ve given an introduction to Docker, creating Docker images with Visual Studio, and use Docker with Microsoft Azure.
- Intro to Docker
- Using Docker with Visual Studio
- Microsoft Azure and Docker
You can get the slides and code samples here:
What’s new with .NET Core
.NET Core 2.0 comes with huge improvements. .NET Core contains 20.000 new APIs – what’s the focus on this? How does .NET Standard help?
What’s new with .NET Core 2.0, ASP.NET Core 2.0, and EF Core 2.0?
What’s coming with .NET Core 2.1, ASP.NET Core 2.1, and EF Core 2.1?
This presentation covers:
- Intro to .NET Core
- What’s new with .NET Core 2.0, ASP.NET Core 2.0, EF Core 2.0
- What’s coming with .NET Core 2.1, ASP.NET Core 2.1, EF Core 2.1
Be ready for change – or: Modern Business Apps with XAML
The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) today is Microsoft’s preferred way to create desktop applications for Windows. Is it ready? What’s an easy path moving WPF and Windows Forms to use the new platform services? How can you write code to share as much as possible between WPF, UWP, and Xamarin?
This presentation covers
- Desktop Bridge
- MVVM with dependency injection
- Features of UWP applications
Other events I’m speaking at:
- Global Azure Bootcamp – with Blazor & WebAssembly – the new Silverlight?
- 24.-28. September 2018, BASTA!
Have fun coding!